NASCAR Speeds Into Las Vegas For Annual NASCAR Sprint Cup Series Champion's Week
Nov 06, 2013
NASCAR Speeds Into Las Vegas For Annual NASCAR Sprint Cup Series Champion’s Week
NASCAR Celebrates Five Years In Las Vegas With Action-Packed Schedule Of Events
For the fifth-consecutive year, NASCAR will return to Las Vegas for the postseason NASCAR Sprint Cup Series Champion’s Week™, a star-studded, entertainment-filled celebration for the series champion and fans, culminating with one of NASCAR’s marquee events, the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series Awards. Since 2009, the awards have been held at Wynn Las Vegas and have grown in stature and prestige with each passing year.
This year’s awards will take place Dec. 6, returning to Wynn Las Vegas with FOX Sports 2 and NASCAR.com providing coverage from 9 p.m. – midnight ET. Motor Racing Network and SiriusXM NASCAR Radio Channel 90 will provide live coverage beginning at 8 p.m. ET. The show will also re-air on FOX Sports 1 at noon ET on Dec. 8.
Among the fan-friendly and interactive events this year are the NASCAR National Motorsports Press Association (NMPA) Myers Brothers Awards Luncheon, the annual event where drivers and teams collect a number of year-end awards and accolades; NASCAR Victory Lap down the world-famous Las Vegas Strip, featuring burnouts and an authentic pit stop; and NASCAR After The Lap™ sponsored by Ford and Coca-Cola, an interactive Q&A session between fans and all 13 Chase for the NASCAR Sprint Cup™ drivers.
Once again this year, fans will join drivers, team owners and industry leaders in celebrating the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series Champion™ at the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series Awards. Approximately 200 tickets were made available to fans through various promotions, contests and giveaways sponsored by NASCAR Official Partners, race tracks and race teams. Fan tickets will offer fans access to the following NASCAR Sprint Cup Series Champion’s Week experiences:
· NASCAR NMPA Myers Brothers Awards Luncheon
· NASCAR After The Lap
· NASCAR Fan Reception and Red Carpet Walk
· NASCAR Sprint Cup Series Awards
Following is a rundown of NASCAR Sprint Cup Series Champion’s Week activities; all times are local.
Tuesday, Dec. 3
· NASCAR Live: For the third year in a row, Eli Gold will sit down for an hour with the 2013 NASCAR Sprint Cup Series champion to discuss the 2013 season and what winning the championship means. NASCAR Live will air from inside the Sports Book at Wynn Las Vegas from 4-5 p.m. on Motor Racing Network Radio. This event is free to the public and fans in attendance will have a chance to participate in the live broadcast.
Tuesday – Wednesday, Dec. 3 – 4
· 2013 NASCAR Motorsports Marketing Forum: The 14th annual NASCAR Motorsports Marketing Forum, presented by SportsBusiness Daily/Global/Journal, is the motorsports industry’s most comprehensive business forum. Held at Aria Resort & Casino, the Forum will provide a 360-degree overview of motorsports by featuring insight and perspective from sports and marketing executives both within and outside the motorsports industry. Registration is required at www.MotorsportsMarketingForum.com.
Tuesday – Friday, Dec. 3 – 6
· NASCAR Pit Stop Tour: The NASCAR Pit Stop Tour consists of Official Partner show cars featured in iconic locations throughout the Las Vegas Strip from 10 a.m. – 6 p.m. each day. Fans can get up close and personal with the cars at the following locations: Tropicana (Chevrolet), The Palazzo (Ford), Harrah’s (Ford), the “Welcome to Las Vegas” sign (2013 NASCAR Sprint Cup Series Champion show car), the Coca-Cola store and M&M’S World.
· M&M’S® To Make the CHASE FOR THE NASCAR SPRINT CUP™ ‘BETTER WITH M’: Should Kyle Busch, driver of the No. 18 M&M’S Toyota Camry, capture the 2013 NASCAR Sprint Cup Series championship, the brand will celebrate with America by giving away one million free bags of M&M’S. The giveaway in Las Vegas will be part of the NASCAR Pit Stop Tour, with sampling teams up and down the Las Vegas Strip.
Wednesday, Dec. 4
· Fanfest Presented by Las Vegas Motor Speedway: The fifth annual LVMS Fanfest will again be held at the Fremont Street Experience, and begin at 1:30 p.m. with the arrival of the 13 Chase for the NASCAR Sprint Cup drivers. This event is free to the public and will consist of a red carpet walk by the 13 drivers, followed by a special “game show format” on-stage event featuring the drivers. Race fans will have the chance to win two tickets to the 2013 NASCAR Sprint Cup Series Awards to be held two nights later at Wynn Las Vegas.
· Betty Jane France Humanitarian Award Reception: This year’s finalists for the Betty Jane France Humanitarian Award will be honored at a reception at Wynn Las Vegas from 4:30 – 5:30 p.m. The NASCAR Foundation will announce the award winner during this year’s NASCAR Sprint Cup Series Awards on Friday, Dec. 6. Fans can cast their vote for the 2013 Betty Jane France Humanitarian Award winner by visiting www.NASCAR.com/award before 11:59 p.m. ET on Dec. 5.
Thursday, Dec. 5
· NASCAR NMPA Myers Brothers Awards Luncheon: The annual awards luncheon and industry gathering will be held from 11 a.m. – 1:15 p.m. in the Encore Ballroom at Wynn Las Vegas, where several team and individual awards will be presented. Among those awards included are the Champion Sponsor, Champion Crew Chief, Sunoco Rookie of the Year and NMPA Most Popular Driver awards. The event will be live-streamed on www.NASCAR.com.
· NASCAR Victory Lap: The green flag on the fan-favorite NASCAR Victory Lap will wave at 3:30 p.m., with pre-lap festivities to begin at 2:45 p.m., when the 13 Chase for the NASCAR Sprint Cup drivers parade down Las Vegas Boulevard in their race cars. NASCAR Victory Lap will start and finish in front of the Miracle Mile Shops on Las Vegas Boulevard and will once again provide fans with a unique experience to feel the excitement of NASCAR, featuring driver introductions, an authentic pit stop in front of the Fountains of Bellagio (performed by members of the NASCAR Drive for Diversity Pit Crew Development Program Presented by Sprint) and two burnout sections – with viewing areas along the route. Portions of the event will be broadcast live on SiriusXM NASCAR Radio Channel 90 and www.NASCAR.com will live-stream the event.
· NASCAR After The Lap sponsored by Ford and Coca-Cola: One of the premier events of NASCAR Sprint Cup Series Champion’s Week, NASCAR After The Lap sponsored by Ford and Coca-Cola will be held from 5-6:30 p.m. at The Pearl Palms Concert Theater inside the Palms Casino Hotel. Fans can purchase tickets at www.NASCARAfterTheLap.com for $20 each (all ticket proceeds benefit The NASCAR Foundation) to attend the fan-favorite event featuring all 13 Chase for the NASCAR Sprint Cup drivers. Among the many highlights from NASCAR After The Lap’s humorous history are Jeff Gordon break dancing and Denny Hamlin doing “The Dougie.” The event will be broadcast live on SiriusXM NASCAR Radio Channel 90 and www.NASCAR.com will live-stream the event.
Friday, Dec. 6
· 2013 NASCAR Sprint Cup Series Awards: The postseason black-tie event will begin at 5 p.m. at Wynn Las Vegas, where the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series champion driver and owner will be crowned and the top-10 drivers in the final standings will be honored. The NASCAR Sprint Cup Series Awards, the culmination of Champion’s Week, will feature the NASCAR Fan Reception, Red Carpet Walk, celebrity guests, music and entertainment. FOX Sports 2, www.NASCAR.com, Motor Racing Network Radio and SiriusXM NASCAR Radio Channel 90 will provide coverage of the event.
For more information on the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series Champion’s Week in Las Vegas, visit www.NASCAR.com/ChampionsWeek.