IOWA SPEEDWAY TWEET TO PLAY DODGE BALL SWEEPSTAKES
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER THE SWEEPSTAKES. PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED OR OTHERWISE RESTRICTED BY LAW.
This Sweepstakes is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Twitter.
1. OVERVIEW OF SWEEPSTAKES: The Iowa Speedway Tweet to Play Dodge Ball Sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes”) will begin on July 21, 2014 at 10:30:00 a.m. Eastern Time (“ET”) and end on July 21, 2014 at 1:30:00 p.m. ET (the “Sweepstakes Period”). Entries received before or outside of the Sweepstakes Period will not be accepted or be eligible to win the stated Prize, except as otherwise set forth in these Official Rules. Sponsor’s clock is the official clock of the Sweepstakes.
2. ELIGIBILITY: The Sweepstakes is open only to legal residents of Iowa, who are 18 years of age or older at the time of entry, who have a Twitter account, and who are followers of @IowaSpeedway (the “Handle”). Void in all other jurisdictions and where prohibited by law. Obtaining a Twitter account and following the Handle are free of charge. Employees and directors of Iowa Speedway, LLC (“Sponsor”), Twitter, US Cellular and each of their parent and subsidiary companies, affiliates, divisions, franchisees, representatives, consultants, sub-contractors, suppliers, distributors, legal counsel, advertising, public relations, promotional, fulfillment and marketing agencies, and members of each such employee’s immediate family (defined for these purposes as including spouse, parents, children, and siblings and each of their respective spouses) and individuals living in the same household of each such employee, are not eligible to participate. By participating, entrants agree to these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor, which are final and binding in all matters relating to this Sweepstakes.
3. TO ENTER: At the beginning of the Sweepstakes Period, Sponsor will post a tweet to the Handle (the “Tweet”). To enter the Sweepstakes, participants must retweet the Tweet and include in their post: (a) the specific hashtag specified in the Tweet of the Sweepstakes so that Sponsor can identify the retweet as part of the Sweepstakes; and (b) the url link to the Official Rules for the Sweepstakes bit.ly/1n4AZQR. Retweeting the entire Tweet, including the hashtag and link to the Official Rules, in exact compliance with these instructions will generate one (1) entry into the Sweepstakes. Any participant who posts after the close of the Sweepstakes Period, or who makes a post that is not in compliance with these Official Rules, will not be given an entry into the Sweepstakes. Limit: Each participant may obtain only one (1) entry into the Sweepstakes. Multiple entrants are not permitted to share a Twitter account. Any attempt by any entrant to obtain more than the stated number of entries by using multiple/different Twitter accounts, identities, registrations and logins, or any other methods will void that entrant's entries and that entrant may be disqualified from the entire Sweepstakes. Use of any automated system to participate is prohibited and will result in disqualification. In the event of a dispute as to any registration, the authorized account holder of the Twitter account used to enter the Sweepstakes will be deemed to be the entrant. The “authorized account holder” is the natural person assigned an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the address used to register the Twitter account. The potential winner may be required to show proof of being the authorized account holder of the Twitter account associated with the winning entry.
4. WINNER SELECTION: At the close of the Sweepstakes Period, Sponsor will randomly select two (2) entrants from all eligible entries received during the Sweepstakes Period as the potential winners. AN ENTRANT IS NOT A WINNER OF ANY PRIZE, EVEN IF THE SWEEPSTAKES SHOULD SO INDICATE, UNLESS AND UNTIL ENTRANT’S ELIGIBILITY AND COMPLIANCE WITH THE OFFICIAL RULES HAVE BEEN VERIFIED AND ENTRANT HAS BEEN NOTIFIED THAT VERIFICATION IS COMPLETE. The potential winners will be notified by a direct message (“DM”) on Twitter on or around July 21, 2014. All potential winners may be subject to verification of eligibility, and may be required to sign and return an Affidavit of Eligibility/Release of Liability/Prize Acceptance Form (“Release”) within a certain time period after notification. If a potential winner cannot be reached (regardless of reason), does not respond within one (1) hour, or there is a return of any Prize/Prize notification as undeliverable, he/she may be disqualified and an alternate potential winner may be selected. Upon disqualification, no further compensation will be given. Failure to comply with any term or condition in these Official Rules may result in disqualification at Sponsor’s sole discretion. In the event that a potential winner is disqualified for any reason, an alternate potential winner may be selected in a random drawing from the remaining eligible entries. Sponsor may limit the number of attempts to award a Prize to two (2) attempts. In such case, if a Prize winner cannot be confirmed after two (2) attempts, the Prize will remain unawarded. Odds of winning will depend upon the total number of eligible entries received.
5. PRIZES & APPROXIMATE RETAIL VALUES: Two (2) prizes (each a “Prize”) will be awarded in the Sweepstakes. The Prize which is the opportunity to play a game of dodge ball with a NASCAR driver on August 2, 2014 from 11:00 am ET to 12:00 pm ET at Sky Zone 1300 SE Gateway Drive, Ste 103, Grimes, IA 50111. The Prize does not include transportation to and from the event or any other costs or fees associated with attending the event. Total approximate retail value (“ARV”): $100.00.
Prize Restrictions: The Prize must be used on dates designated by Sponsor or prize will be forfeited in its entirety (and Sponsor will have no further obligation to winner) and may be, at Sponsor’s discretion and time permitting, awarded to an alternate. Winner(s) may make no substitution or transfer of Prize and Prize is not exchangeable for cash. All federal, state and local taxes are the sole responsibility of winner. Prize consists of only those items specifically stated as part of the Prize. All expenses and costs associated with the acceptance or use of the Prize that are not expressly specified in these Official Rules as being part of the Prize are the sole responsibility of the winner. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a Prize of equal or greater value in its sole discretion. If required by law, winner will be issued a 1099 tax form for the Prize value.
6. PUBLICITY: Acceptance of a Prize constitutes winner’s permission to the Sponsor and its agents to use the winner’s name and/or likenesses, Prize information, photograph, voice, and comments for purposes of advertising and trade without further notice, permission, or compensation, unless prohibited by law.
7. RELEASE OF LIABILITY: BY RECEIPT OF ANY PRIZE, WINNER AGREES TO RELEASE AND HOLD HARMLESS SPONSOR, TWITTER AND ANY PROMOTIONAL PARTNERS, OF EACH OF THEIR PARENT, SUBSIDIARY, AFFILIATE AND RELATED COMPANIES, AND EACH OF ITS AND THEIR RESPECTIVE OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, AND AGENTS (COLLECTIVELY THE “RELEASED PARTIES”) FROM AND AGAINST ANY LOSSES, DAMAGES, RIGHTS, CLAIM OR CAUSE OF ACTION OF ANY KIND ARISING, IN WHOLE OR IN PART, DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY, OUT OF PARTICIPATION IN THE SWEEPSTAKES OR RESULTING DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY, FROM ACCEPTANCE, POSSESSION, USE, OR MISUSE OF ANY PRIZE AWARDED IN CONNECTION WITH THE SWEEPSTAKES, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION PERSONAL INJURY, DEATH, AND/OR PROPERTY DAMAGE, AS WELL AS CLAIMS BASED ON PUBLICITY RIGHTS, DEFAMATION, AND/OR INVASION OF PRIVACY. The Released Parties are not responsible for: (1) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by entrants or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Sweepstakes; (2) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Sweepstakes; (3) technical or human error which may occur in the administration of the Sweepstakes or the processing of Sweepstakes submissions, including, but not limited to, malfunctions, interruptions, or disconnections in phone lines or network hardware or software; or (4), any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant’s participation in the Sweepstakes or receipt or use of any prize or while traveling to or from any prize-related activity. Each winner also further acknowledges that the Released Parties have neither made, nor are in any manner responsible or liable for, any warranty, representation or guarantee, expressed or implied, in fact or in law relative to any prize or this Sweepstakes including but not limited to quality, condition or fitness for a particular purpose.
8. DISPUTES. Except where prohibited, all entrants agree that: (1) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with the Sweepstakes or any Prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the courts in Newton, Iowa; (2) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering the Sweepstakes, but in no event attorneys’ fees; and (3) under no circumstances will entrants be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, indirect, punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased.
9. GENERAL CONDITIONS: Released Parties are not responsible for any typographical or other error in the printing, the offering or the announcement of any Prize or in the administration of the Sweepstakes. Incomplete/illegible entries are void. Sponsor assumes no responsibility for undeliverable text messages resulting from filtration of an entrant’s wireless or Internet service provider or for insufficient space to receive text or e-mail. Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, terminate, suspend, or modify a Sweepstakes if fraud or technical failures destroy the integrity of a Sweepstakes; or if a technical problem corrupts the administration as determined by Sponsor, in its sole discretion. If the Sweepstakes is canceled, Sponsor will award the applicable Prize from among all eligible entries received as of the time of cancellation in a random drawing, and Sponsor shall have no further obligation to any entrant in connection with the Sweepstakes. Any use of robotic, automatic, programmed, or like methods of participation will void all such entries by such methods.
11. WINNER’S LIST: For the winner’s name, send a self-addressed stamped envelope to “The Iowa Speedway Tweet To Play Dodge Ball Sweepstakes” Winner’s List, 3333 Rusty Wallace, Newton Iowa Please include on the outer envelope “Iowa Speedway Tweet To Play Dodge Ball Sweepstakes”. Requests for winner’s list must be received ninety (90) days after the winner for the Sweepstakes is chosen.
12. SPONSOR: Iowa Speedway, LLC, 3333 Rusty Wallace, Newton Iowa.