2014 Iowa Speedway Media Credential Guidelines
Thank you for your interest in covering our events at Iowa Speedway. To apply for 2014 Iowa Speedway media credentials / access to any of our three race weekends this season, please refer to the following guidelines:
Media credential / access requests must be submitted at least three (3) weeks in advance of each Iowa Speedway event. The 2014 deadlines are:
- Monday, April 28 for the May 17 NASCAR K&N Pro Series East/West and May 18 NASCAR Nationwide Series
- Monday, June 23 for the July 11 NASCAR Camping World Truck Series and July 12 IndyCar Series
- Monday, July 14 for the August 1 NASCAR K&N Pro Series East/West and August 2 NASCAR Nationwide Series)
- Media credentials / access are issued to individuals who are on assignment only. All requests for credentials / access will be reviewed.
- All requests for media credentials / access must be submitted and written ONLY by the outlets’ Sports Editor and / or Sports Director. The specific outlet (print, TV, radio, web-based) must be identified as well.
- Please be specific when requesting credentials / access. Names as they appear on legal / valid photo identification of working media personnel only may be submitted at the time of the request. NO NICKNAMES.
- Indicate in what capacity working media personnel will be covering the event(s); i.e. writer, photographer, videographer and if Media Deadline Room / Photo Deadline Room / Victory Lane / Rim Road access is necessary. Also please indicate which – or all – race weekends at Iowa Speedway your personnel will cover this season.
- Only one (1) photographer per outlet will be granted access to Victory Lane. Indicate the name of the photographer to secure Victory Lane access at the time your request is made.
- There will be a mandatory photographer’s meeting each day of the race weekend in the Media Center photographer’s room. Photo vests will be distributed at those meetings. Days/times of the meetings will be provided in advance and also posted in the media center during the race weekend.
- Submit completed request featuring a company /outlet logo or letterhead electronically via:
- Upon approval of a media credential / access request a confirmation email will be sent to the assigning media outlets’ Sports Editor and / or Sports Director. Parking / stickers will be mailed to hard card holders in advance of each event. However members of the media should confirm their media credentials / access prior to the week of the race if no email confirmation has been received.
- Misrepresentation by the holder of NASCAR and / or IndyCar media credentials will result in the immediate loss of credential status and event access at the discretion of the Iowa Speedway communications staff.
Credential Pick-Up at Iowa Speedway
- Iowa Speedway’s Credential Office is located outside the tunnel entrance to the infield off Iowa Speedway Dr.
- All holders of media credentials / access musts sign an Insurance Release Waiver upon arrival at Iowa Speedway releasing Iowa Speedway from any liability incurred while performing their duties at Iowa Speedway.
- Legal / valid photo identification is required to secure credentials / access. A media credential holder must be 18 years of age or older to qualify for media credentials / access. Names on a credential must match the name as it appears on legal/ valid photo identification.
The following guidelines have been established for media desiring access to the garage areas and pits at all NASCAR events:
- Shirts and pants, dresses and / or skirts and blouses are required;
- Shoes are required
- The following are permitted: shorts, short-sleeve or sleeveless shirts and blouses and open-toed shoes. Photographers working on pit road must wear pants and closed-toed shoes and shirts with sleeves.
Iowa Speedway Garage Access
- Iowa Speedway is allotted a limited number of NASCAR garage passes for media use therefore we may not be able to honor every request.
- Garage passes are valid in the garage and pit areas at all times, however times may be subject to change without notice.
- The garage area for NASCAR and IndyCar events is a working area for the teams therefore media requests should be strictly limited to working personnel only.
Iowa Speedway Media Center / Media Parking
- The Iowa Speedway Media Center which houses the Deadline Media Room, Photographers Room and Drivers Meeting Room is located adjacent to Victory Lane.
- Media parking is located inside and outside the track. A limited number of parking spaces for media are located in the infield, behind the main entry to the Media Center on the asphalt as well as in the grass.
- Parking is limited and parking passes will be allocated in accordance with availability. The number of passes allotted to an outlet is at the discretion of the Iowa Speedway communications staff.
- Infield parking is on a first-come, first-served basis so early arrival especially on race day is recommended. Overflow media parking is available across the street from the Credential Office.
- Media shuttles will be provided during the race weekend for those parking in the overflow lot. Shuttles will use the Credential Office as the pickup / drop off point. Please see an Iowa Speedway staff member located in the Credential Office to secure a ride to the infield. An Iowa Speedway staff member will be available to provide return shuttle access to the Credential Office drop off point following the race. Fan trams to and from the infield also make stops at the Credential Office.
Questions? Please submit to firstname.lastname@example.org.