MEDIA CREDENTIAL GUIDELINE
To apply for Iowa Speedway 2014 Media Credential Access to any of our race weekends, please refer to the following guidelines.
Media Credential requests must be submitted at least 4 weeks in advance of each Iowa Speedway event on official and original media outlet letterhead. Copies or telephone requests will not be accepted.
- Mail Media Credential Requests by 4 weeks deadline to:
Credentials Or you may...
3333 Rusty Wallace Drive
Iowa Speedway Fax Original to: 641.792.8728
Newton, IA. 50208 Scan and e-mail Original to: firstname.lastname@example.org
MEDIA CREDENTIAL REQUEST DEADLINE WILL BE POSTED AT A LATER DATE!
STEP 1. REQUESTING ACCESS
- All requests of Media Credentials Access must be submitted by assigning media outlets Sports Editors/Directors ONLY.
- Be specific when requesting Media Credential Access. Exact names of working media personnel only must be submitted at time request is made. Names submitted must match name as it appears on legal identification. NO NICKNAMES.
- Indicate in what capacity working media personnel will be covering event, i.e., writer, photographer and if deadline access is necessary.
- Photographer Note: Only one (1) photographer per publication will be issued access to Victory Lane. Indicate name of photographer for Victory Lane access at time request is made.
- Any media outlet new to Iowa Speedway must provide proof of current and continuing NASCAR Nationwide Racing coverage for review before access will be considered. All requests are reviewed by Iowa Speedway Credential Board and all decisions are final.
STEP 2. CONFIRMATION
- Upon Iowa Speedway approval of Media Credential Request a confirmation email will be sent to the assigning media outlets’ Sports Editor/Director.
STEP 3. AT THE TRACK
- All Media Credential holders must sign an Insurance Release Waiver upon arrival at Iowa Speedway releasing Iowa Speedway from any liability incurred while performing their duties at Iowa Speedway.
- Positive picture I.D. is required. Media Credential holder must be at least 18 years of age to qualify for Media Credential Access. Names on credential must match name as it appears on legal identification.
- Proper dress code must be followed. Shirts that cover the shoulders, long pants and shoes that cover the entire foot must be worn. Shorts, tanks, dresses, skirts, or open toed shoes are not permitted. Dress Code is strictly enforced and Media Credentials will not be validated if dress code is not followed.
NOTICE: ALL INFORMATION WITHIN THIS PACKET IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE WITHOUT PRIOR NOTICE.
Receipt of this guideline does not guarantee credential access.
MEDIA LOCATION HOURS OF OPERATION:
VIP/MEDIA CREDENTIAL OFFICE: Located outside the tunnel entrance to the infield.
*MANDATORY PHOTOGRAPHERS MEETINGS (in Media Center Deadline Room):
NASCAR Nationwide Series, NASCAR Camping World Truck Series and IndyCar GARAGE ACCESS
Iowa Speedway is allotted a LIMITED number of NASCAR and INDYCAR Garage Passes for Media use; therefore, we cannot honor all requests and are not obligated to issue NASCAR “HOT” Garage Passes.
Garage is valid in garage pit area at all times. (subject to change without prior notice)
The Garage Area is a working area for the race teams and requests by the media for the garage access should be strictly limited to working personnel only.
MEDIA CENTER Located directly adjacent to Victory Lane.
MEDIA PARKING Adjacent to the Media Center.
Parking available in the Media Parking Area is very limited. Media Parking Passes will be allocated in accordance to space availability. Parking Passes do not guarantee a parking spot and are not good for Gate Admission at any time without a ticket or credential. Media Parking availability is on a first served basis. Please note that all media credentials allow admission to the general infield parking area. No additional parking pass is necessary to park in the general infield parking area.
· Any media personnel found to be misrepresenting any media outlet or observed seeking autographs or souvenirs will lose their Credential status immediately and indefinitely. There are no exceptions. Iowa Speedway does not credential freelance writers/photographers.
· Credentials my not be used for advertising, promotions (including contests and sweepstakes) or other trade purposes.
· Failure to comply with Iowa Speedway Rules and Regulations will result in the loss of credential status immediately and indefinitely and ejection from Iowa Speedway property.