General camping is conveniently located across Rusty Wallace Drive, a short walk to Iowa Speedway’s concourse and grandstands.
Reserved spaces are 25' x 50' and are for commercially built motor homes or travel trailers.
2015 Weekend Camping Packages
Reserved Season General Camping: $400
Tent camping is only allowed in the designated tent camping area and cannot be reserved in advance.
First Come, First Served Tent camping: $50
To view a map of Iowa Speedway General Camping Click Here
General Camping Hours
Gates open at Noon (CT) Thursday prior to the first event of the weekend and close at Noon (Central) one day after the final event of the weekend. A “good neighbor” quiet policy will be in effect beginning at 12:00 a.m. (Midnight - CT) or one hour after the conclusion of the final event of the day. Admittance and set-up are restricted when gates are closed.
These grassy camping spaces do not have water or electricity. Advance reservations cannot be made once camping has opened, reservations are taken at camping check-in.
General Camping Information
- Reserved general camping spaces are sold on a weekend or season basis only.
- Each camper entering the campgrounds must check in with security. Security will then escort each travel trailer, motor home, or tent to the designated campsite.
- Campsites not reserved in advance are deemed “First Come, First Serve” and these sites will be allocated by Security and site placement is non-negotiable.
- Camping spaces are 25' x 50'.
- Grandstand admission is permitted only with the purchase of a grandstand ticket.
- Dogs are permitted, but must be kept on a short leash at all times. Owners are responsible for removing pet waste.
- Tent camping is only allowed in the designated tent camping area.
- Please keep campsite identification in a highly visible area (tow vehicle windshield, motor home windshield, or preferably displayed on the camper itself).
- All campers must maintain a safe distance of ten feet from one another. Please be cautious and courteous to your neighbor when setting up your camping space, keeping a safe distance at all times. This guideline is recommended by the National Fire Protection Association and the Newton Fire Department.
- ATVs, golf carts, scooters and mopeds are NOT permitted. Swimming pools over 60 gallon capacity are not permitted.
- All campfires shall be maintained in a suitable fire ring or outdoor fireplace. Fires shall be no larger than three feet round by two feet high and must be at least ten feet from all structures. A competent person shall remain with the fire while it is burning and all fires must be extinguished when not attended. If fires are not contained properly you will be asked to put the fire out immediately.
- Weapons, laser lights, fireworks and sky lanterns are prohibited. Anyone caught using these items will have them confiscated and a citation may be issued by city or county law enforcement.
- Please place your trash in trash bags on the side of the road each morning by 8am, depending on weather all trash will be picked up at that time.
- In the event of an emergency please call 911 immediately; please identify yourself and your campsite location by Section and Site Number. Iowa Speedway will be monitoring emergency channels and will be able to then assist emergency personnel in locating the incident inside the campgrounds. Iowa Speedway also has a medical and fire team staffed twenty four hours a day during race weekends that may be the first to respond to an incident.
For General Camping call 866-787-8946.