Fans can renew their season campsites online, as well as at the Iowa Speedway Ticket Office. First time buyers will need to contact the Ticket Office at 866.787.8946.
Spaces are 25′ x 50′ and are for commercially built motor homes or travel trailers.
These grassy camping spaces do not have water or electricity. Once camping has opened, advance reservations cannot be made, and sites will be assigned at camping check-in.
The General Campgrounds also include a Tent Camping area. Tent Camping is offered on a first come, first served basis, and is only allowed within the designated Tent Camping region.
Upon arrival, each camper must check in with Security. Security will then escort each trailer, motor home, or tent to their assigned campsite, whether reserved in advance or not. While we do our best to accommodate all our fans, please be advised that site placement is non-negotiable.
Gates open at Noon (CT) Thursday prior to the first event of the weekend and close at Noon (CT) one day after the final event of the weekend. A “good neighbor” quiet policy will be in effect beginning at 12:00 a.m. (Midnight – CT) or one hour after the conclusion of the final event of the day. Admittance and set-up are restricted when gates are closed.
Additional Camping Information
- Grandstand admission is permitted only with the purchase of a Grandstand ticket
- Dogs are permitted, but must be kept on a short leash at all times. Owners are responsible for removing pet waste
- Campsite identification should be kept in a highly visible area (tow vehicle windshield, motor home windshield, or preferably displayed on the camper itself)
- Per the National Fire Protection Association and the Newton Fire Department, all campers must maintain a safe distance of ten feet from one another
- Trash should be placed in trash bags on the side of the road each morning by 8:00 a.m. CT
- ATVs, golf carts, scooters and mopeds are NOT permitted
- Swimming pools over 60-gallon capacity are not permitted
- Weapons, laser lights, fireworks and sky lanterns are prohibited. Anyone caught using these items will have them confiscated and a citation may be issued by city or county law enforcement
- All campfires shall be maintained in a suitable fire ring or outdoor fireplace. Fires shall be no larger than three feet round by two feet high and must be at least ten feet from all structures. A competent person shall remain with the fire while it is burning and all fires must be extinguished when not attended. If fires are not contained properly you will be asked to put the fire out immediately
- In the event of an emergency call 911 immediately; please identify yourself and your campsite location by Section and Site Number. Iowa Speedway will be monitoring emergency channels and will be able to assist emergency personnel in locating the incident inside the campgrounds. Iowa Speedway also has a 24 hour staffed medical and fire team during race weekends, and may be the first to respond to an incident
For more information about General Camping call Iowa Speedway’s Ticket Office at 866.787.8946.