- You may bring one cooler per person. Food and drink are permitted in our grandstands in soft-sided coolers no larger than 14" x 14" x 14" -inches. Telescoping handles on a cooler are OK if they fit within the 14" x 14"x 14" allowed dimensions. The hard plastic lining in your soft-sided cooler does NOT need to be removed. Glass is NOT allowed.
- A maximum of two bags per person are allowed through admission gates. Backpacks, diaper bags, clutch bags and fanny packs are permitted as long as they do not exceed a maximum size of 18”x18”x14”.
- Soft-sided coolers are permitted as long as they do not exceed a maximum size of 14”x14”x14.
- A combination of any of the above mentioned items will be allowed with the exception of the soft-sided coolers, which will be limited to one cooler per guest.
- Cameras and binoculars are allowed, as long as they meet the above requirements. Camera bags must not be larger than a standard-size backpack and will count as your bag allowance for the race.
If the race cannot be completed as scheduled, tickets will be honored on the rescheduled date. If you are unable to join us for the rescheduled date, you may exchange your tickets under the Weather Protection Policy. Please view the policy in full, including applicable restrictions, here.
- NASCAR’S Ticket Refund Coverage is available during the purchase process for customers when ordering their tickets. This refund coverage is NASCAR’S promise to their fans to protect their purchase with an Enhanced Refund Protection Purchase!
Iowa Speedway is committed to being the best guest experience in motorsports! We enforce the following gate guidelines to keep our guests safe and provide an enjoyable experience. All guests must have a grandstand ticket regardless of age or the properly approved credential. Every seat at Iowa Speedway does have a back.
There is no smoking in Iowa Speedway's grandstands (including electronic cigarettes). There are designated smoking areas on the concourse. Fans who violate our smoking policies will be removed from the facility.
The following items are allowed inside the admission gates at Iowa Speedway:
- A maximum of two (2) bags per person are allowed through admission gates. Backpacks, diaper bags, clutch bags, and fanny packs are permitted as long as they do not exceed a maximum size of 18”x18”x14”.
- One soft-sided cooler per person (maximum size of 14"x14"x14" - may contain ice).
- A combination of any of the above-mentioned items will be allowed with the exception of the soft-sided coolers which will be limited to one cooler per guest. (ONLY SEALED WATER BOTTLES WILL BE PERMITTED. NO OTHER OUTSIDE FOOD OR BEVERAGE OF ANY KIND WILL BE PERMITTED).
- Insulated cups –the maximum size of 64 oz.
- Cameras, binoculars, scanners, and headsets that can be worn over the neck, belt, or carried inside one of the bags.
- iPads, tablets, and laptop computers.
- Seat cushions without metal components.
- Cigarettes and lighters.
- Service animals.
- Nationality flags are attached to a pencil-sized wooden stick. Flags may not obstruct any other fan’s view of the event.
The following items are NOT allowed inside the admission gates at Iowa Speedway.
All carry-in bags, blankets, and similar items are subject to search by Iowa Speedway when entering the facility. Prohibited items or contraband discovered during security inspections must be returned to the owner’s vehicle or discarded. Items may not be left at the gate. Unlawful items discovered during security inspections will be reported to the authorities. Any prohibited item discovered inside Iowa Speedway will be confiscated. Prohibited items include, but are not limited to:
- Foam or hard-sided coolers regardless of size
- Any firearm
- Knives longer than 3 inches in length when closed or longer than 6 inches in length when open
- Utility tools (multi-purpose tools) with a knife blade longer than 3 inches
- Displays of the confederate flag
- Glass or ceramic containers of any kind
- Dry ice
- Laser pointers
- Noisemakers and air horns
- Aerosol cans (with the exception of sunscreen, sunblock, hand sanitizer, and bug spray)
- Selfie sticks
- Tripods and monopods that are either solid or collapsible
- Illegal substances of any kind
- Seat cushions with metal components
- Collapsible chairs
- Unmanned Aerial Vehicles (UAVs), also known as drones
- Frisbees, balloons, beach balls, or any other projectile
- Skateboards hover boards, roller skates, and bicycles
- Obscene or indecent clothing
- Other items in the judgment of the Iowa Speedway management that may pose a safety hazard or diminish other fans' enjoyment
- If you are involved in or witness an incident during your visit, notify the nearest security guard, or usher, or contact the Speedway operator at 641.791.8000. Please allow emergency personnel to respond to incidents promptly and without interference.
- If you choose to drink alcohol during your visit to the Speedway, please do so responsibly and be considerate of your fellow fans. You must be 21 and present a valid photo ID with proof of age when purchasing. We reserve the right to refuse to serve alcohol to any person, for any reason, and will contact the police if we believe you are acting in a manner that is contrary to the law or that may endanger yourself, others, or any property. Iowa Code States Licenses may not allow patrons to bring liquor onto the licensed premises.
- ATVs, golf carts, motorcycles, scooters, and mopeds are not permitted within Speedway property without proper credentials from the Speedway.
- The only animals allowed inside the Speedway property (except those which are part of an event) are registered service animals.
- Iowa Speedway allows visitors to check out and re-enter the facility during race events. To do so you must have your Grandstand or Suite ticket scanned by gate staff before you leave so it may be re-scanned on your re-entry.
- Uniformed police officers and Speedway security are stationed throughout the facility to ensure your safety. Should you require assistance, please notify the nearest event staff employee. The appropriate person or agency will then be sent to your location.
- Smoking is only allowed in designated areas per the Iowa Smoke-Free Air Act.
WEATHER PROTECTION PROGRAM
*Fans may exchange tickets for any NASCAR event with the exception of the Daytona 500 and NASCAR Cup Series Championship event at Phoenix Raceway. Only tickets for the Daytona 500 or NASCAR Cup Series Championship event may exchange into the same event the following year. I.e. If the Daytona 500 is postponed, Daytona 500 ticketholders may exchange their tickets for any participating event or the following year’s Daytona 500.
Nothing. The protection is free for all customers with a paid regular NASCAR grandstand ticket at any of the NASCAR venues.
NASCAR’S Ticket Refund Coverage is available during the purchase process for customers when ordering their tickets. This refund coverage is NASCAR’S promise to their fans to protect their purchase with an Enhanced Refund Protection Purchase!
Eligible regular grandstand tickets may be exchanged for any future NASCAR race at a participating venue within one (1) year of the original event date or for the same race the following year, excluding the Daytona 500 and NASCAR Cup Series Championship event at Phoenix Raceway. Only current Daytona 500 tickets can be redeemed for the next year’s Daytona 500 as well as NASCAR Cup Series Championship for the same event the next year. Eligible tickets must be redeemed within 60 days of completion of the postponed event. If eligible regular grandstand tickets are not redeemed during the allotted timeframe set forth, the exchange opportunity will expire.
Only regular grandstand tickets purchased directly from a participating venue are eligible for an exchange under this policy. Complimentary regular grandstand tickets are not eligible for exchange under this policy. Restrictions also apply to corporate tickets and other special purchase situations. Patrons should contact the track ticket office after the postponed event has been completed with questions regarding eligibility.
Any eligible unused regular grandstand ticket(s) for the rescheduled event date may be redeemed. Complete the request form below or contact the track ticket office at 866-787-8946 to inquire about the eligibility of your grandstand ticket(s).
The Weather Protection Program only covers regular grandstand tickets.
The Weather Protection Program only applies if a race event is postponed and moved to a date other than the originally scheduled date. Delayed races regardless of the length of delay are not eligible, including if the event completes after 11:59pm
The Weather Protection Program will not apply to races that were shortened due to weather or other unforeseen circumstances where the event is counted as official by the appropriate sanctioning body